Aug 7, 2012

What happens to our rejected articles at iWriter?




As good as we think we are at writing we all have our share of rejections. Some of those rejections need to be rejected because it is bad, but there are also rejections where the writer has not set a foot wrong, grammar is perfect, context is there, and the article is perfect. When you see an article in the rejected column and no reason is given and you have spent two hours on a 700 word article, is it fair just to reject? One client told me, I love your article, but you didn’t say his or her. Another one commented like this: don’t like. Well, they can all then claim ‘don’t like’ and be off to the next writer and repeat the same thing.


A client can have eight or ten writers and reject every single article; no one is going to question it. My thought is something like this: what’s to stop the client from taking your article, say no to you, then give all your rejected articles to one of his or her own writers to rewrite? He would only pay a rewrite fee to his writer and we would lose our fee and all the time we spent researching information.


I have had two writers over the past year write to me and say that they have seen part of my work stolen and in someone else’s article. iWriter is a great site, but I don’t believe that writers can be seen to do all this word grinding and the company not taking any measures to monitor the site to stop clients reject some articles for no reason at all. The first week I started at iWriter I wrote several pieces for a client and he wrote to me that he would like to have me write for him as he liked my style. I got the whole batch of six or seven articles. I wrote three articles for which I got paid but when I came to the fourth and fifth article I didn’t see his name on any of the listed articles. I wrote the remaining articles thinking he was sick or something. I have not seen his name since, although I believe he is still there under another name.





No comments: